Sunday, January 17, 2016

looking for color courage - styling dark

I feel that little by little I am leaving the white and pastel overexposed world behind. I am very much intrigued by products, interiors and (photo)styling with dark colors at the moment.

Dark colors are often connected to some occult draculastyle, a worn out industrial feel, or an obscure baroque style (with chandeliers and dead pheasants etc). This is totally not Jurianne.
So I am actually searching for a dark style that would suit me and my designs: fresh, clean, nordic, always a bit midcentury modern.

My new paper product (coming in a few weeks) has hardly any white and the colours I used are rather dark and strong. Above some pics I used for my products' design-source/moodboard. This is the house where my product should live ideally! 
At the moment I am gathering courage to use this new style for the photoshoot next week too. Black or dark blue backgrounds? Huge colour contrasts? The pics would definitely stand out on my completely white website...

To be continued!

Photo's: house/barn by Philip Ficks, black kitchen (left) by Jure GorsiƧ, the blue shelves and the kitchen on the last row are by Linda Ahman, I couldn't trace who took the gorgeous grapefruit-photo...

3 comments:

  1. Ohh mooi!! Ik hou er ook zo van, ben benieuwd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on where you live. I couldn't see it, here in Fl. Pass the antidepressants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihi, maybe you are right, here in Holland in winter dark colors seem more natural!

      Delete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.